Friday, April 23, 2021

ETA?

I'll guess a week into May. Mark is guessing ten days. He's a little more optimistic than I am. I suppose he has grounds to be. He has more experience and the forecast for next week looks favorable. We'll see. My relative pessimism is based solely on my experience that anything challenging takes longer than expected. I present the first week as exhibit A.

Danny is building a big pot of soup for dinner tonight out of canned goods and leftovers. Rice, pasta, protein, anything is fair game. I'll be eating mine with pilot crackers that Kay left onboard last year. They still look okay. Or as okay as they were then.

Mark made grilled cheese sandwiches to go with the soup so I was spared the experience of pilot crackers. I tried one and they're actually not bad. Not some WWII ration that you'd expect them to be.

1 comment:

  1. You found the emergency rations. Grilled cheese sandwiches sound much better. Still, pilot crackers aren't the worst thing.

    ReplyDelete